Working long hours on the computer could be fun, but if your work involves too much interaction with the computer screen then you are most likely to experience eye strain, wet eyes, and even headache. Recently I have gone to the same phase when I have to work for 8-10 hours in front of a computer screen and when I was not using a laptop I was using my tablet for web surfing. And have been noticing these symptoms to myself.
If you are used to a computer or even a mobile device a lot then read along and keep your eyes safe. After surfing the web I tried out a few things some of them worked other not so well like buying new computer glasses or new screen might not be the option from most of us, In this article, I will be listing most effective techniques that were advised to me by my doctor and provides a better Computer Eye Strain Solutions.
Reduce Eye Strain While Using Computer
1. Adjust your computer so that it’s top meet your eye level and the distance of the screen should be 20-30 inches away from your eyes to Reduce Eye Strain at Work.
2. If you are planning for working long hours than prefer a table over the bed.
3. Take a break and drink lots of water. Unlike others, I prefer not to keep a glass of water on the table but instead of walking to the kitchen every time I have to drink water. In this way, you can give yourself a small break and relieve your neck and do Exercises to Reduce Eye Strain by moving your eyes in all directions.
4. Computer Eye Strain Caused due to the excessively high or low amount of light coming from the screen. Therefore adjust the brightness of your screen to match the surrounding lights. In the daylight keep the brightness high and low if you are using it at night, the point is your eye should not focus much on the computer screen. Always prefer a bright room with natural sunlight. In my office, I had both a window and a light bulb for sufficient light.
5. If you have to use your laptop at a low light area use a USB table lamp. For tablets and mobile devices using apps like the article to reduce the brightness than default night browsing.
6. Use Ctrl + + to increase the font size for browsing for Computer Eye Strain Prevention.
7. Convert your video into audio and then listen to it in your mp3 player. If you are like me watching YouTube videos all the time then this sure can work out for you as well. I have found many videos that are the only presentation of slides or people speaking while no activity is done on the screen.
8. Follow the 20-20-20 rule. ie while you are working on your computer take a break in every 20 minutes and look at some object which is 20 meters away for 20 seconds. Initially, you will need to keep this in mind, I used to write down 20-20-20 in a sticky note and put it in front of my computer screen. Gradually you will develop a habit for that.
Check out this video on How to reduce eye strain while using computer
If you still have wet eyes or redness which you think might be because of the computer, leave the work immediately and consult the doctor asap. No work is more important than your eyes.
Get Computer Glasses To Reduce Eye Strain
If you are wondering what are those and do computer glasses really work. Well, the answer is these are special kinds of Glasses to Reduce Computer Glare which works by filtering the harmful rays from the computer screen thus Reduce Eye Strain. However these glasses cost more than the normal pair, but you will feel the difference and remember health is more important the money. To know more about Computer Glasses for Eye Strain check out this article from Lifehacker.
After having Eyestrain & Headaches for a longer time I decided to visit a doctor for Computer Eye Strain Treatment. And after some tests and check-ups, I came to know that excess sitting in front of a computer screen has caused a severe impact on my eyes. My eyesight has a weekend and now I had to wear glasses. Normally people get a glass at an early or late age but I got it when I was 22, which is kind of rare.
For more tutorials visit our How to section.